To apply, please visit: https://www.indeed.com/job/trade-operations-specialist-ec50d3086f924ab3
*Don't forget to mention Boston Women in Finance!
Breckinridge Capital Advisors is seeking a detail-oriented Trade Operations Specialist to become a member of the Trade Operations team. The specialist will primarily be responsible for processing all account-related trade settlements. In addition, the specialist will interact directly with dealers, custodians, and internal team members to ensure requests and other servicing matters are completed in a timely and accurate manner. This individual will have strong interpersonal and communication skills and a demonstrated ability to multi-task while producing quality work. A general understanding of the financial services industry and experience with trade settlement are required. The position will report to the Chief Operating Officer.
- Manage and monitor all trade settlement issues and resolve in a timely manner, working with many third-party dealers and custodians simultaneously.
- Oversee the pre-settlement trade matching process through the Central Trade Matching Platform (CTM) and the affirmation process through the Depository Trust & Clearing Corporation (DTCC), ensuring accurate trade settlement of all client trades.
- Process trade submissions and revisions to custodians ad-hoc intraday and during the end of day process.
- Respond to internal and client requests for settlement related inquiries in a timely manner.
- Maintain accurate records of actions taken and communications with third parties.
- Provide overflow phone coverage for the business line and dispatch to the appropriate team.
- Propose and implement efficiency and accuracy improvements to processes and procedures.
- Complete ad-hoc tasks or projects as assigned.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in trade settlements.
- Bachelor's degree or higher is preferred, and a focus in business administration, finance/accounting, or economics is a plus.
- Sufficient knowledge and experience with trade settlement software systems (DTCC, CTM).
- Experience with settlement of all fixed income asset types (Muni, Govt, Corp, Securitized).
- Experience and/or project work with technology or business analytics would be ideal.
- Frequent travel will not be required with this role.
- Employee may occasionally be required to attend educational conferences and/or workshops.
Breckinridge Capital Advisors is a Boston-based, independently owned asset manager working to provide providing the highest caliber of investment management. As a certified B Corporation and a UN PRI signatory, we are deeply committed to consideration of all stakeholders and the integration of sustainability standards throughout the company.
OUR RECRUITING PHILOSPHY:
Breckinridge is looking for talented individuals who believe in our vision and are eager to help us reach our goals. We are especially committed to fostering a company culture that emphasizes collaboration, innovation, and excellence.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY:
One of the Breckinridge core values is “We Are Better Together”, and we believe that our differences in background and experience make us a stronger team, so we are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment. We embrace and encourage our employees’ differences in age, color, disability, ethnicity, family or marital status, gender identity or expression, language, national origin, physical and mental ability, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, socio-economic status, military or veteran status, and other characteristics that make our employees unique. We provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to any of these statuses or any other classification protected by applicable local, state, and federal laws.
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Professional development assistance
Work Location: Hybrid remote in Boston, MA 02110