To apply, please visit: https://gka.fa.us1.oraclecloud.com/hcmUI/CandidateExperience/en/sites/CX/job/1676/?utm_medium=jobshare
*Don't forget to mention Boston Women in Finance!
- Analyzes and evaluates complex systems and processes in order to evaluate internal controls, compliance with banking regulations, and identify improvement opportunities.
- Examines a variety of accounting records and other supporting documentation to determine the accuracy of the Bank's financial statements.
- Plays an integral role in planning each audit assignment through communication with the Audit Manager, Chief Auditor, and Bank management.
- Communicates audit scope and findings to supervisors and managers of areas audited, developing practical recommendations for resolution of exceptions noted.
- Assesses risk within business process(s), identifies and documents controls to mitigate identified risks and develops tests of operating effectiveness.
- Supervises staff in related audit assignments. Responsible for managing time and meeting budgeted deadlines. Provides the Audit Manager/Chief Auditor with progress reports explaining any variances from plan.
- Reviews and interprets current procedures for compliance with applicable laws, regulations, and Bank policies. Makes required updates/changes as necessary.
- Prepares comprehensive audit work papers, prepared in accordance with professional standards that support the reported conclusions. Drafts audit reports in coordination with Audit Manager and Chief Auditor and communicates audit results in formal Exit meetings.
- Reviews and tests remediation actions completed by business unit, in response to audit recommendations.
- Stays current on emerging accounting, auditing, and regulatory issues and trends, being able to apply them to changing business conditions.
- Participates in confidential internal investigations when necessary.
- A CIA or other certification is preferred
- Knowledge of accounting processes and internal controls including experience with the COSO Framework, IIA Standards, and audit techniques
- Must have strong organizational skills and project management skills Must have the ability to prioritize and simultaneously handle deadlines, managing timely satisfaction of ad hoc requests and regular deliverables
- Must be an articulate communicator with strong written and verbal skills
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office applications and have experience in the preparation and analysis of audit data through computer-assisted audit tools
- Must have/maintain current knowledge base of audit industry practices and ensure best practices are always considered when performing audits
Education and Experience:
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, or related discipline preferred.
- Minimum of 4+ years of progressive experience in a combination of public accounting and/or internal audit experience in the financial services industry