To apply, please visit: https://mfs.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/MFS-Careers/job/Boston/Scrum-Master_MFS-220447
*Don't forget to mention BWF!
At MFS, you will find a culture that supports you in doing what you do best. Our employees work together to reach better outcomes, favoring the strongest idea over the strongest individual. We put people first and demonstrate care and compassion for our community and each other. Because what we do matters – to us as valued professionals and to the millions of people and institutions who rely on us to help them build more secure and prosperous futures.
What you will be responsible for:
- Further business value to MFS by guiding the agile team on Agile practices and values.
- Builds strong relationships with business divisions and departments across MFS globally; builds a trusting environment where issues are raised with an emphasis on correcting and problem-solving. Champions collaborative discussion, decision-making and problem-solving in support of assigned initiatives.
- Tracks and publishes prescribed team metrics. Leverage JIRA or other tool capabilities to allow for transparent visualization of project execution.
- Facilitate daily scrum, sprint planning, sprint demo and retrospective meetings ensuring correct use of scrum process.
- Facilitate the completion of assignments efficiently and without dictating work.
- Forecast the numbers of deliverables that are possible in an iteration, which is based on evidence and reliable source.
- Coaches the team in Agile practices and mindset. Removes impediments or guides the team to remove its own impediments.
- Monitor project budget and escalate issues as appropriate.
- Assists with internal and external communication to ensure transparency with the team, sponsors and stakeholders.
- Actively identify areas of improvement and conceptualize methods on how to be more efficient.
- Conduct retrospectives to drive continuous improvement.
- Performs additional duties as required.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent required.
- Eight or more (8+) years of related project management experience within the asset management or financial services industry.
- Practical experience working on projects through all phases of delivery
- Excellent communication , facilitation, conflict resolution and coaching skills.
What we offer:
- Certified Scrum Master (CSM) preferred
- Generous time-off provided: including "Responsible time off" for many roles, paid company holidays when the US Stock Exchange is closed, plus paid volunteer time
- Family Focus: Up to 20 weeks of paid leave for new parents, back-up care program, dependent care flexible spending account, adoption assistance, generous caregiver leave
- Health and Welfare: Competitive medical, vision and dental plans, plus tax-free health savings accounts with company contributions
- Wellness Programs: Robust wellness webinars, employee assistance program, gym reimbursement through our medical plans, fitness center discounts and more
- Life & Disability Benefits: Company-paid basic life insurance and short-term disability
- Financial Benefits: 401(k) savings plan, Defined Contribution plan- 15% of base salary invested into the Plan, competitive total compensation programs
Working directly with the Scrum team and product owner, the Scrum Master will support and facilitate the continual delivery of technical solutions and business value. The Scrum Master will leverage knowledge of the asset management industry to deliver complete business solutions aligned with the strategic vision and corporate goals of MFS. This position will be expected to oversee and manage the complete lifecycle of a project/backlog including oversight for all business, operations and technical efforts, including budget/burn rate tracking. The Scrum Master will institute an open and transparent communication environment for all project efforts across team members, stakeholders and sponsors.
As a dependency to project success, the Scrum Master will follow and champion Agile best practices and guideline as defined by MFS. The Scrum Master will participate in, and provide input to, the ongoing efforts to improve efficiency of the Technology group and Agile function.
MFS is a hybrid work environment (remote/onsite) unless otherwise stated in the job posting.