To apply, please visit: https://mfs.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/MFS-Careers/job/Boston/Quantitative-Trading-Strategist_MFS-220294-1
*Don't forget to mention BWF!
At MFS, you will find a culture that supports you in doing what you do best. Our employees work together to reach better outcomes, favoring the strongest idea over the strongest individual. We put people first and demonstrate care and compassion for our community and each other. Because what we do matters – to us as valued professionals and to the millions of people and institutions who rely on us to help them build more secure and prosperous futures.
The Quantitative Trading Strategist will assess trade execution quality across asset classes and globally, and work with the investment team to assess best execution and form actionable insights into how to improve trading. The Quantitative Trading Strategist will work to expand the existing analytics suite in order to facilitate additional quantitative studies and will work to improve the accessibility of actionable insights. Additionally, the Quantitative Trading Strategist will engage externally with vendors and counterparties to understand the market micro-structure context in which we operate, educate teams internally on their collective efforts and provide transparency to clients, the board and others around our best execution process.
- Conduct execution research and analysis globally, across asset classes.
- Proactively and independently develop quantitative analyses and tools to support and enhance the execution of trading ideas.
- Provide regular and ad hoc reporting for this analysis.
- Find and action opportunities for automation in analysis production.
- Collaborate with a variety of participants in the trading cycle, including PMs, traders, brokers, technologists, other trading analysts and third party providers.
- Consult with PMs and traders on how to improve execution quality.
- Improve the availability and quality of internal and external data and analysis.
- Help maintain and manage third party post-trade execution analytic and vendor relationships.
- Participate in the firm's assessment of Best Execution.
- Additional responsibilities may extend beyond trading cost analysis.
- Master's degree or equivalent in a relevant field such as finance, statistics, or data science.
- Minimum of three to five years of trading, transaction cost analysis or related experience.
- Thorough understanding of quantitative financial and statistical concepts.
- Experience with Python or other programming languages
- Experience working with large data sets, structured and unstructured
- Equity and fixed income quantitative background, market structure knowledge, plus experience with trading processes and/or transaction cost analysis (TCA).
- Ability to work independently and proactively generate project ideas.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Some international travel.
What we offer:
- Generous time-off provided: including "Responsible time off" for many roles, paid company holidays when the US Stock Exchange is closed, plus paid volunteer time
- Family Focus: Up to 20 weeks of paid leave for new parents, back-up care program, dependent care flexible spending account, adoption assistance, generous caregiver leave
- Health and Welfare: Competitive medical, vision and dental plans, plus tax-free health savings accounts with company contributions
- Wellness Programs: Robust wellness webinars, employee assistance program, gym reimbursement through our medical plans, fitness center discounts and more
- Life & Disability Benefits: Company-paid basic life insurance and short-term disability
- Financial Benefits: 401(k) savings plan, Defined Contribution plan- 15% of base salary invested into the Plan, competitive total compensation programs
MFS is a hybrid work environment (remote/onsite) unless otherwise stated in the job posting.