If you are interested in applying for this position, please apply here: https://apply.workable.com/river-and-mercantile/j/62E0ACC9F4/
Be sure to mention Boston Women in Finance!
River and Mercantile LLC (https://riverandmercantile.com/us/) is the specialist institutional investment and risk-management consulting unit within the River and Mercantile Group (www.riverandmercantile.com) based out of London. The firm provides advice and risk management services, including actuarial services to liability-driven organizations such as pension plans, endowments and foundations and insurance companies. Please note that the shareholders of River and Mercantile Group recently approved of the sale of River and Mercantile LLC to its existing senior management team dba Agilis Holding Company LLC. The sale is expected to complete on June 30 and the firm will rebrand to Agilis LLC.
The US office of River and Mercantile (located in Waltham, MA) is currently seeking an Investment Analyst to provide support to our investment consulting and derivatives management business. It is preferred that the Analyst be located in the Boston area. In addition to ad hoc investment related projects, the Analyst will also be required to prepare and build client reports, perform account reconciliations, gather investment data, and provide trading/settlement assistance. This role is the first step on an institutional investment advisory career-track with significant upside in job scope and responsibility.
The ideal candidate will have:
- 0- 4 years of work experience
- Strong desire to learn and advance within the organization
- Willingness to work in a team environment
- Detail orientation, dependability and proactive attitude
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Exceptional problem solving and organizational skills
- A demonstrable interest in economics, finance, investments or actuarial science
- Proficiency in Excel, Word, and Power Point is a plus
- Familiarity with Advent APX, LineData, Morningstar systems and/or SQL Databases & Reporting is a plus
Among the benefits we offer are:
- 401(k) Plan with company matching contributions
- Life and Long-term disability insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid holidays, vacation, sick time, parental leave