To apply to this position, or to learn more, please visit: https://jobs.lever.co/gettyimages/88178c16-ff87-43fd-a02d-612feec7dcd4
*Be sure to mention Boston Women in Finance if you apply!
The Business Intelligence team at Getty Images are seeking an individual who is passionate about data. You are comfortable being immersed in thousands of lines of code, while simultaneously supporting questions from key partners and prioritizing a wide variety of requests related to an extremely important data source used company wide. Automation and ETLs should be your mantra, in addition experience working with large datasets in Hive or other cloud-based Data Warehouse tools like Snowflake/Presto/Qubole/EMR/Hue preferred, and exposure to Python is very helpful. You are adaptable, eager to learn, and highly organized.
Your Next Challenge:
The Senior Business Analyst operates as a strategic data partner to Primary Stakeholders in Getty Images’ Product, Ecommerce and Executive teams while also supporting Sales, Marketing, Business Development and the broader business. The role will be deeply involved in ownership of a primary data source used company wide, that is heavily utilized by many key areas throughout the company. In addition, the role will be critical in finding opportunities for ensuring data integrity, whether by working through solutions that can be implemented on their own, or by efficiently communicating change requests to relevant Technology and business partners.
What You'll Need:
- 2+ years of transferable experience in a highly analytical field, specifically consulting, finance, business or product analytics.
- A minimum of 5+ years MS SQL or Open Source SQL experience
- 3+ years of advanced SQL experience required, automation, including knowledge of subqueries and aggregate functions
- Must have very strong hands-on experience using SQL to extract and manipulate data, working with large datasets in Hive or other cloud-based Data Warehouse tools like Snowflake/Presto/Qubole/EMR/Hue preferred.
- Ability to analyze and decompose problem statements, distilling these into clearly defined requirements.
- A confident and effective communicator, with experience and comfort addressing and collaborating with senior partners.
- Ability to impart complex information in an easily digestible form, to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- A flexible and curious attitude, open to new things and able to propose innovative ideas, able to work creatively and analytically in a time-limited, problem-solving environment.
- Act as a bridge between the Business and Technology using technical and analytical skills to review business processes and make recommendations for how to implement automated programs to support sales initiatives
Nice To Have:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Business, Data Science, or another highly quantitative subject area preferred. Commiserate experience will be considered.
- Python experience.
- Visual Studio experience
- Experience having managed or contributed to the use of Business Intelligence platforms such as Looker and Snowflake.
- Experience with Marketing platforms such as Google Analytics and SA 360.
- Airflow experience
- EMR experience