The Research Analyst is a member of the Public Markets Manager Research Team, the group within Meketa that performs due diligence on equity, fixed income, and hedge fund managers. The Research Analyst is responsible for researching and analyzing domestic equity investment managers. The individual will work with colleagues on the Public Markets Manager Research team, the firm’s consultants, and other investment professionals to provide investment recommendations to the firm’s clients.
Meketa is flexible about where the Research Analyst works. The Analyst could be located in our Westwood, MA, Portland, OR, Carlsbad, CA or Chicago, IL offices.
- Meet with and evaluate the capabilities of domestic equity managers
- Identify promising new managers in assigned asset classes
- Monitor managers in which our clients are invested
- Draft research work products and communicate the research team’s perspective
- Produce manager meeting notes and prepare manager analyses
- Present manager analyses at team meetings and critique the analyses of others
- Prepare presentation documents (e.g., manager “search documents”) and present them to clients
- Write client memos on managers as required
- Prepare content and assist with ad-hoc requests by consultants and clients
- Contribute to the development of research and updates on the relevant asset classes
- Bachelor's degree required
- CFA charterholder or candidate preferred
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills
- Outstanding writing, presentation, communication, and interpersonal skills
- Proven literacy with Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel
- Familiarity with Fact Set and eVestment
About Meketa Investment Group
Meketa Investment Group is an employee-owned full service investment consulting and advisory firm. We work with some of the nation’s largest and most sophisticated institutional investors including public and private plan sponsors. We have a staff of over 200 employees among our six U.S. office locations and London.
Meketa recognizes that our workforce is a reflection of our company, and we operate in an inclusive environment that accepts and promotes diversity. We believe our employees can best serve our clients in an atmosphere where individuals are treated fairly, where professional growth is developed and encouraged, and where a healthy balance between work and home life is respected and preserved. To support employees, Meketa offers a competitive compensation structure, a wide range of benefits from core insurance benefits to time-based benefits, as well as flexible schedules and support for continuing education.
Meketa is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.
If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and/or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please contact us.