Research Data Analyst
The Research Data Analyst role is a wonderful opportunity to learn about the world of investments in a stimulating and collaborative team environment. The RDA plays a supporting role to public markets manager research team in servicing the firm’s institutional clients (e.g. pension funds and endowments.) Over the course of their work, RDAs learn a great deal about the manager research process, from portfolio construction to investment manager selection and monitoring.
The Research Data Analyst is responsible for collecting and synthesizing data to help with manager research analysis and gather information to produce client deliverables including search documents. We are seeking proactive and detail-oriented individuals with intellectual curiosity, integrity, and strong communication and organization skills.
The Research Data Analyst role is an entry-level position (0-2 years of experience.) We encourage employees to continue to grow their economic and investment knowledge by enrolling in the CFA, CIPM, or CAIA programs.
This position can be filled at at of the following office locations: Chicago, IL, Portland, OR, Boston, MA, or San Diego, CA.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Ability to capture and coordinate data from disparate sources
- Familiarity with financial and statistical concepts
- Facility with spreadsheet programs and word processing software
- Demonstrated skill at analyzing, evaluating, and reviewing quantitative information
- Excellent attention to detail and organized work habits
- Ability to work independently using prudent judgment and to pro-actively seek out new projects
- Independently gather, prioritize, and verify data related to investment managers and strategies
- Apply knowledge of economic indicators, investment markets, attribution and benchmarks to analysis of investment results
- Maintain and update regularly databases of investment manager information
- Produce search documents as requested by consultant client team.
- Work with Research Associates, Analysts, and Consultants on client projects as needed
- Fulfill any and all other duties deemed vital by management
About Meketa Investment Group
Meketa Investment Group is an employee-owned full service investment consulting and advisory firm. We work with some of the nation’s largest and most sophisticated institutional investors including public and private plan sponsors. We have a staff of over 200 employees among our six U.S. office locations and London.
Meketa recognizes that our workforce is a reflection of our company, and we operate in an inclusive environment that accepts and promotes diversity. We believe our employees can best serve our clients in an atmosphere where individuals are treated fairly, where professional growth is developed and encouraged, and where a healthy balance between work and home life is respected and preserved. To support employees, Meketa offers a competitive compensation structure, a wide range of benefits from core insurance benefits to time-based benefits, as well as flexible schedules and support for continuing education.
Meketa is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.
If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and/or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please contact us.