To apply for this position, or for more information, please go here: High Yield Research Associate | Current Opportunities (ultipro.com)
The High Yield Research Associate will have the opportunity to gain financial skills as well as learn the intricacies of fundamental research. Working directly with experienced Research Analysts, this individual will be responsible for creating and maintaining financial models, conducting due diligence on potential investment opportunities, and completing ad hoc tasks (e.g., creating client presentations) related to the investment and portfolio management process.
A successful Research Associate will become increasingly responsible for the sourcing, analysis, diligence, and maintenance of investments in an increasingly independent manner.
- Partner with and support senior research professionals in all aspects of due diligence processes for current and prospective investments
- Conduct due diligence on company and industry trends through reviewing SEC filings, quarterly calls, industry conferences and other industry-specific resources.
- Analyze, build, and update financial and valuation models
- Maintain deep knowledge of the industries and companies being followed and make or change recommendations as necessary
- Effectively generate and communicate investment ideas to senior investment personnel
- Write research reports, synthesize data, and share findings (relevant investment themes, events, and breaking news) to senior management
- Search for new investment ideas through internal screens, industry reports, industry conferences and other relevant sources
- Present during team meetings, solicit feedback, and seek continuous improvement of presentation skills
- Respond quickly and effectively to instructions, situations, methods, and procedures
- Bachelor’s degree
- 1-4 years’ research and valuation experience working in high yield investments
- Pursuit towards the Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) or CFA preferred
- Advanced knowledge of accounting, valuation, and the fixed income market
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills including the ability to explain complex information succinctly and efficiently
- Motivated self-starter and team player who can work independently and collaborate with others
- Solid organizational skills including attention to detail and multitasking skills
- Ability to work well under pressure and handle tight deadlines
- Commitment to agility, continuous learning, and improvement
- Full-time Employee
- Location: Waltham, MA
- Less than 5% travel required
- US Permanent Work Authorization required
- Polen Capital is ROWE (Results-Only Work Environment,) offers competitive health benefits, paid parental leave, and annual individual training budgets
Research shows that women and other minority groups tend to apply only if they meet 100% of the criteria. We are committed to leveling the playing field, and we encourage women, people of color, and those in the LGBTQ+ community to apply for positions even if they do not necessarily check every box outlined in the job description.
Polen Capital is committed to protecting the health and well-being of our team members, their families, and members of our community against COVID-19. Accordingly, we require all team members who work in our offices in the United States to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, unless they have a documented underlying medical condition, sincerely held religious belief that prevents such vaccination, or otherwise qualify for any other valid exemption under applicable state law. Applicants who will be working in our US offices will be asked to provide proof of full COVID-19 vaccination or written statement detailing said exemption.